Machine Learning Engineer
2022. február 4.
Join us as we build the bank of the future. Three Hungarian banks join forces today to build one of the first all-digital consumer banks in Hungary and in the region and it is no small task. We are building a bank where people love to work, is built on relationships, growth and impact.
In MBH (Magyar Bankholding) we combine the best of the banking world with the best of the tech world to build an all-digital bank. We cultivate a culture of low ego and set a high bar for excellence. We believe in a flat organization by communicating in ways that build trust, operating with transparency, and having one another’s back.
We recognize the contributions of individuals and celebrate wins as a team. What we all have in common is a mission that starts with heart, and a desire to work together to create something of lasting value and personal impact for Hungary and for our region.
If you’re looking to make a lasting impact and help us build a revolutionary product – we want to hear from you.
At MBH Machine Learning engineers create self-standing AI software. As a ML engineer you will combine best in class software engineering practices and practical knowledge about ML algorithms to automate predictive models, gain insights from products’ usage data. ML Engineers advocate for Data Centric ML Operations. They are delivering self-running AI systems empowering product at all levels from driving business logic to monitoring in production and gaining insights. Working language will be English.
What you want to do
- Work as part of a cross-functional, Agile squad to deliver digital journeys and products together with product and design.
- Use Agile engineering practices and various software and web development technologies to rapidly develop creative and efficient solutions that enhance the client customer and employee experience.
- Liaise with other teams within and outside the digital factory to negotiate timelines, deliverables and dependencies.
- Collaborate closely with Product Owners and teams members to identify and socialize product and delivery risks.
- Guide the estimation efforts for user stories within the teams, ensuring that edge situations are catered for.
Who you are
You have in-depth Domain Expertise
- Relevant industry experience with Python, Go.
- Excellent working knowledge of Python Deep Learning frameworks and overall Python ML ecosystem like Tensorflow, Scikit-learn, Gensim etc.
- Fluent with Code and Data versioning: we use GitHub and DVC.
- In-depth knowledge of underlining mathematics, statistics, and algorithms.
- Strong Grasp of MLOps with focus on all steps of ML project lifecycle e.g. Data Preparation, Modeling, Deployment, Monitoring.
- Deep knowledge and proven hands-on experience in designing, implementing and maintaining data pipelines in event-driven, microservices-based distributed landscape.
- Excellent knowledge of various database and storage technology such as PostgresSQL, Druid, MongoDB, HBase, Neo4J, S3.
- Experience with methodologies such as pair programming, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Experiences with code refactoring, design patterns, design-driven development, continuous deployment, highly scalable applications, application security.
- Community contributions (e.g., open source work, publishing / speaking on technical ideas) are a plus.
You have significant Agile/Digital Experience
- Real passion for development and a demonstrated appetite for continuous learning and sharing.
- Passion for mentoring other colleagues in the team.
You are strong in some key Individual Skills
- You have strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex technical concepts and align organization on decisions.
- You have sound problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly process complex information and present it clearly and simply.
- You utilize collaboration to create innovative solutions efficiently.
You have the right Mindset to learn and develop
- You are passionate about technology and excited about the impact of emerging /
- You want to unleash your inner self-starter and work in an environment that fosters
- You believe in culture of brutal transparency and trust.
- You are open to learning new ideas outside scope or knowledge skillset.
We have worked extremely hard to build a talented, diverse, and inclusive team. As an organization, we perform within a set of core values that inform both our priorities and the way we work together.
- Embrace the difficult path – We think beyond shortcuts and invest in solving the right problems.
- Choose decisions over outcomes – We focus on improving our decision-making quality instead of fixating on immediate outcomes.
- We work smart and hard – We view working “smart” as just the start. Working smart and hard drives improvements and accelerates career growth.
- Empowerment over control – We hire world-class talent and trust each individual to make decisions in their area of responsibility.
How we make it worth it
We are proud of what we have started and are full of excitement about welcoming new members to our team. We also understand the importance of creating value to each individual within our team and believe that this opportunity can provide that in multiple ways.
- We are building a new organization with solutions and technologies that are at the forefront of Global Banking practices.
- We are using the most modern, cloud-native technologies available in the market worldwide.
- We have already set-up the base for this new organization and have 100+ people working on building it, backed by strong investments.
- This is a rare opportunity to partake in building a bank with state-of-the art technology from scratch.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume to: