2022. február 4.
Join us as we build the bank of the future. Three Hungarian banks join forces today to build one of the first all-digital consumer banks in Hungary and in the region and it is no small task. We are building a bank where people love to work, is built on relationships, growth, and impact.
In MBH (Magyar Bankholding) we combine the best of the banking world with the best of the tech world to build an all-digital bank. We cultivate a culture of low ego and set a high bar for excellence. We believe in a flat organization by communicating in ways that build trust, operating with transparency and having one another’s back.
We recognize the contributions of individuals and celebrate wins as a team. What we all have in common is a mission that starts with heart, and a desire to work together to create something of lasting value and personal impact for Hungary and for our region.
If you’re looking to make a lasting impact and help us build a revolutionary product – we want to hear from you.
Our bank is excited to look for an experienced software engineer that will be given a wide a range of responsibilities from shaping and implementing digital products to ensuring that the latest relevant applicable technology is used. We expect a contribution across the full vertical technology stack, which includes; database, DevOps infrastructure that supports continuous integration/deployment, backend development, front end development and security related aspects.
What you want to do
- Work as part of a cross-functional, Agile squad to deliver digital journeys and products together with product and design.
- Use Agile engineering practices and various software and web development technologies to rapidly develop creative and efficient solutions that enhance the client customer and employee experience.
- Liaise with other teams within and outside the digital factory to negotiate timelines, deliverables and dependencies.
- Collaborate closely with Product Owners and teams members to identify and socialize product and delivery risks.
- Guide the estimation efforts for user stories within the teams, ensuring that edge situations are catered for.
Who you are
You have in-depth Domain Expertise
- Excellent working knowledge of HTML/CSS and ReactJS .
- Excellent knowledge of at least on of database technology, such as PostgresSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, CouchDB, HBase, Neo4J,Redis.
- Overall knowledge including common technology used for software development RESTful APIs, Single Sign On, GraphQL, Swagger, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Kafka/RabbitMQ, auth0 and so on.
- Experience with methodologies such as pair programming, continuous integration and test-driven development.
- Deep knowledge and proven hands-on experience in designing, implementing and maintaining an event-driven, microservices-based distributed applications.
- Experiences with code refactoring, design patterns, design-driven development, continuous deployment, highly scalable applications, application security.
- Experience with unit testing frameworks relevant to the technology stack, such as MochaJS, Jest, Junit.
- Working knowledge of DevOps, Docker and infrastructure as code, cloud providers (CircleCI, K8S, Terraform, AWS)
- Community contributions (e.g., open source work, publishing / speaking on technical ideas) is a plus.
You have significant Agile/Digital Experience
- Real passion for development and a demonstrated appetite for continuous learning and sharing.
- Passion for mentoring other colleagues in the team.
- You are strong in some key Individual Skills.
- You have strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex technical concepts and align organization on decisions.
- You have sound problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly process complex information and present it clearly and simply.
- You utilize collaboration to create innovative solutions efficiently.
- You have the right Mindset to learn and develop.
- You are passionate about technology and excited about the impact of emerging/disruptive technologies.
- You want to unleash your inner self-starter and work in an environment that fosters entrepreneurial minds.
- You believe in culture of brutal transparency and trust.
- You are open to learning new ideas outside scope or knowledge skillset.
We have worked extremely hard to build a talented, diverse, and inclusive team. As an organization, we perform within a set of core values that inform both our priorities and the way we work together
- Embrace the difficult path – We think beyond shortcuts and invest in solving the right problems.
- Chose decisions over outcomes – We focus on improving our decision-making quality instead of fixating on immediate outcomes.
- We work smart and hard – We view working “smart” as just the start. Working smart and hard drives improvements and accelerates career growth.
- Empowerment over control – We hire world-class talent and trust each individual to make decisions in their area of responsibility.
How we make it worth it
We are proud of what we have started and are full of excitement about welcoming new members to our team. We also understand the importance of creating value to each individual within our team and believe that this opportunity can provide that in multiple ways
- We are building a new organization with solutions and technologies that are at the forefront of Global Banking practices
- We are using the most modern, cloud-native technologies available in the market worldwide
- We have already set-up the base for this new organization and have 100+ people working on building it, backed by strong investments
- This is a rare opportunity to partake in building a bank with state-of-the art technology from scratch
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume to: